With big largemouth bass moving shallow to spawn in the spring, fishing pro Tom Redington explains how to catch bass during spring warming trends and also where to find bass after cold fronts slow down the bite.
Here are some of his tips:
- In the springtime, bass move into the back of creeks to spawn.
- It’s best to fish in areas with cover like stumps and fallen trees. Avoid barren areas.
- After a few days of warm weather, bass will move into the shallows.
- If you’ve had cold weather or frost, look for fish in deeper areas like old creek channels.
- If the water is cold, work your lure deeper and slower.